NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties

For truly dedicated fans of NCAA 10 and Online Dynasties.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warning: goober26 (Kent State)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Empty Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

Going for it on 4th down and 12 - in the 1st quarter at your own 40 - is not Sim Football. Goober - please read the rules and guidelines again.

frythatchicken has made a formal complaint - his #1 priority is integrity of the game. He has no reason to lie - and I checked game statistics anyways. Please adjust your play to simulate "real football".

https://ncaa10.rpg-board.net

2Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Empty Are you kidding me? Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 am

goober26

goober26
1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

Commish,

I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this league, and keeping it "real," however I strongly disagree with you on this one...

First of all, you're giving me a warning after getting a complaint from the guy that won the game and just looking at the boxscore. I'm all for keeping tight rules to maintain a good league, but I feel you should hear out the story from the other guy beforehand.

I was on the 40 yard line and down 7-0 to the #4 team in the league. Am I not allowed to take chances??? In my previous experiences playing really good teams, you need to have some guts and take chances to pull the upset. I could either punt the ball and accept it most likely going in the end zone for a touchback or he returning it to about the 20 yard line. I was willing to take a gamble over 20 yards to remain on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, it was the 1st quarter, so I knew I had time to come back if the play didn't work... and in the given moment my defense was playing well against his offense. MOMENTUM is key here.

Just a couple of days ago you were all for getting rid of longhorn for having "unrealistic" sacks... and rightfully so I think that was worth observing. But now here I go for it on 4th down one time in the game and I'm under a microscope? I think that's bogus... for one gamble I take. I don't even think I went for it any other time on 4th down in the whole game. What a boxscore won't show you is the momentum and energy at a certain given moment. I could have written you aside to complain about how this guy was talking $hit to me through messaging during the game or even after it, I could have told you about he putting the chew clock on before 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter but I opted not to. Because it's a game, a competitive and close one actually (he got lucky with 2 fumbles by my backup RB in the redzone in the 4th qtr!).

I really enjoy playing in this league but if you're going to WARN me for going for it on 4th down ONCE in the moment, then I don't know if I'd continue playing in this league. As a 4-6 (or whatever my record is) team going up against guys that are undefeated with 1-2 star teams, I should be able to take chances, right? I mean, that's how rebuilding a crappy team works, you take gambles, especially against ranked teams.

Anyways, I'll get off my soapbox but let you know I'm not going to be afraid to go for it on 4th down again. I don't have 25 sacks, I don't have a QB with 3,500 passing yards, I don't even have a winning record. But I know what I'm doing by taking a chance... I mean I did only lose by 3 points in the end, right?

3Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Empty Re: Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

Actually the "key" is the fact that no team in the country would go for it on 4th and 12 from their own 40 yard line, and in the 1st quarter. THOSE are the parameters are this discussion.

If you want to shoot your team in the foot - go for it. But I haven't seen any head coach make that decision and I've been watching football my entire life.

Ultimately, it is your call. Nobody is going to get booted for going for it on 4th down (unless it becomes just ridiculous). All I'm saying is that it is not "SIM" football.

I was playing frythatchicken earlier on in the year - and he beat me - and both of us punted from our 40 yard line in the first quarter. BOTH OF US - and yes, he had the lead.

Now while I don't expect you to play 100% like me - I do expect you to not make decisions that normal head coaches wouldn't make - like going for it on 4th and 12 - in the first quarter - from your own 40.

4Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Empty Re: Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 am

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

goober26 wrote:

I mean I did only lose by 3 points in the end, right?

If you punted it on 4th down from your 40 in the first quarter - you might have ended up beating him of he only won by 3 points. Just something to consider.

And as for your other comments - not everyone in the league is on the same talent level. It is hard to get 12 guys that are. However, we are here for fun and to learn different techniques. This is to better our game. Right?

Just relax man. Going for it excessively on 4th downs will NEVER WIN YOU GAMES. But hey, if you want to do it once or twice a game in unrealistic situations, that's your call.

But as my job as the commish, I must warn you for something that violates the Rules and Guidelines. If you can't understand that concept, I'm sorry. What is the point of establishing rules if people aren't going to follow them? Is anything out of the ordinary? If a player makes a complaint - even in a win - I have to listen. And you clearly violated the rules - so yeah - you get a warning.

As much as I like you (and all the guys here as well) - I'd hate to see you go. But realize that there are plenty of people banging down the door for your spot.

5Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Empty Re: Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

In the end goober, it is your call. Just don't get excessive with it.

6Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Empty Re: Warning: goober26 (Kent State) Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:48 pm

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

Hey no fighting. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum